Ask a Healthcare Provider Your Colon Health Question Now


What is irritable bowel syndrome?

I have had colon surgery two years ago for a twisted colon and they removed a foot of my colon. I have an extremely slow moving colon that causes horrible cramping. I have had three ct scans and every time I receive one they find no blockage but I am full of stool and bloated so bad people think I am expecting. I currently take Cymbalta also for anxiety. I have been seeing my colon surgeon but I am thinking I need to see a doctor that specializes in this field would that be a GI doctor? I pretty much think I have IBS but no one will diagnose me with it.

Healthcare Providers (2)

If you have not had a colonoscopy, you need one. I would recommend you see a gastroenterologist for evaluation.

Irritable bowel syndrome is a condition which effects that large intestine. The symptoms can vary by person. Most persons effected with IBS can control the symptoms with behavior and activity changes. There are times that medications are prescribed to help with symptom control. Please talk with your family doctor about the need to see a gastroenterologist for further evaluation.

Ask A Question