What could prolonged abdominal pain be a symptom of?

I’ve had lower left side pain for over 6 weeks now. I’ve seen my primary several times and had a CT scan and ultrasound and blood tests that have all come back showing nothing. I am going to schedule an appointment with a GI specialist. The pain has been up and down and no over-the-counter products help with the pain. I’ve been ruled out for several things but I still have the pain with vomiting, nausea, dizziness, and the inability to eat anything but crackers and water. The pain is at its worst first thing when I wake up and before bed. I’ve kept track of everything for the gastroenterologist. Is there something I need to specifically remember to tell or ask the specialist?

Healthcare Providers (1)

Do you have constipation or diarrhea? The gi doctor will examine you and set up a colonoscopy which will look inside the colon to see if there is any reason for your pain. It can be diverticulitis or constipation. When the doctor examines you, he or she will be able to assess for more information.

No Physician-Patient Relationship
You understand and agree that use of the Website does not in any way create or establish a physician-patient privilege or physician-patient relationship between you and any Medical Professional Member. You should recognize that the information provided on the Website (including past questions and answers and articles posted on the site) is provided for your general information. These materials should not be relied on as medical advice and reading and reviewing them is not a substitute for direct consultation with a medical professional about a specific medical problem.

Without limiting the foregoing, you understand and agree that submitting a Free Question or receiving an answer to a Free Question does not in any way create or establish an physician-patient relationship between you and any Medical Professional Member, or between you and us. The information and answers provided in response to Free Questions is intended to be generic medical information, not medical advice, and is based upon the very limited information provided by you in a Free Question. Specific medical advice can only be given with full knowledge of all of the facts and circumstances of your situation. If you are currently being treated by a doctor, that doctor is the best person to give you advice about a medical case or medical matter. Under no circumstances should the information obtained on this site be used to make decisions about the quality of service provided by a doctor or about the proper course of a medical matter.