EZ Detect Stool Blood Test Review
Detailed Review of EZ Detect At Home Colon Cancer Screening
The company Bioamerica manufactures EZ Detect, the least expensive colorectal cancer screening test on the market. Bioamerica produces several diagnostic tests for detecting conditions and diseases such as diabetes, cancer, infertility, and allergies. Bioamerica sell their diagnostic tests to physicians, hospitals, and can be found over-the-counter in stores and online.
The EZ Detect blood stool test is sold in most major drugstores in the United States. You can also order the test online.
The EZ Detect blood stool test is sold in most major drugstores in the United States. You can also order the test online. The FDA has cleared the blood stool test to be purchased by individuals over the counter (without a prescription).
The EZ DETECT™ Stool Blood test kit contains the following:
- Instruction guide
- Foil pouch containing five test tissues
- 1 Positive Control package
- Test result postcard to mail results to your physician
How to Administer
The test is simple to take and involves the following steps:
- You do not need to restrict your diet or stop taking medications.
- Have a normal bowel movement.
- Drop the test tissue into the toilet bowl.
- Observe the tissue for a color change for two minutes.
- The tissue changing to a blue-green color indicates an abnormal amount of blood is present in the stool.
- Repeat test for three different bowel movements with different tissues
The Good and the Not So Good
- You do not need to restrict your diet or your medications
- You do not need to handle the stool
- Test is done completely at home
- You do not need to mail in a sample for results
- Results are available in a few minutes
- Certified by the FDA
Not So Good
- You may receive a false positive result
- Some people have received a false negative
- You need to repeat the test three times and for three separate bowel movements
One kit: $8.00
Bioamerica Writing Staff. (2019, August). EZ Detect and colorectal cancer screening. Retrieved from Bioamerica: http://www.biomerica.com/news/ezdetectWP.pdf
EZ Detect Writing Staff. (2021). About EZ Detect. Retrieved from EZ Detect: http://ezdetect.com/about.html
Tresca, A. J. (2021, May 25). Best at home colon cancer tests. Retrieved from VeryWellHealth: https://www.verywellhealth.com/best-at-home-colon-cancer-tests-5081311