Where to get a colonoscopy?

This question was asked in Tucson, Arizona on 02/16/2012.
What kind of doctors perform colonoscopies or the virtual colonoscopies? I've been told that you need to get one every 5 years after you turn 45 for colon cancer screening. I've been worried too because cancer is in my family history. Do normal practitioners give them? Where should I go to get a colonoscopy? I need to know what to do.

Doctors Answers (1)

Harsha Vittal, M.D.
Answered on: 2/17/2012

Ask your primary doctor who in your area does colonoscopies. Gastroenterologists specialize in colonoscopy.